Monday, January 5, 2009

Getting Older

Well, I'm still getting older. I wish I could figure out how to stop it. The great thing about Birthdays for me is to watch and smile at the cute things my kids do. Kassidy was so great this year. She has the kindest heart. She made 3 different cards on the computer and wrote in one and then told Kace and Duff they each had to write on one for me too. She had hers all done and was getting frustrated with Duff and Kace for not getting it done quickly enough. She kept on them by going back and forth from Duff to Kace making sure they were doing it. Kace needless to say was not wanting to write, so he asked Kassidy to write for him. Of course, she did. Next she kept coming to the couch were Duff and I were sitting and looked at what Duff wrote and told him he needed to write some more. It was pretty funny:) Finally she agreed to what Duff wrote and off she went. On the morning of my Birthday she was the first one out of bed to wish me a Happy Birthday! She couldn't wait for Duff and Kace to get out of bed so she could give me her present. Finally it was time to give me her present. She had given the the cutest recylced gifts. She gave me Kace's Teddy Bear Bank full of money, Kace's Pottery Piece he made last year and Kace's basket full of money she took from the baggy in the cupboard where we put all the spare change. What a creative child. She really is the most giving person I know. And yes, Kace said she could give them to me. I love that she wanted to make my day special. She loves to recycle gifts for her cousins and friends too. What a great gift to know that she is so loving, compassionate and giving.

1 comment:

Melinders said...

What a sweet little girl. That's funny that she gave everything that belonged to Kace. I hope you had a great birthday. I will be 30 this year. (Scary!!) I always thought I would just stay 18 my whole life.